The Tudor Lodge No. 7280 was consecrated on 9th July 1953, the Tudor name being chosen to commemorate the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.
The Consecration ceremony was conducted by the RW The Rev. Dr. Joseph Moffett, the Provincial Grand Master at the time, assisted by the Deputy Provincial Grand Master, Col. Alexander Wood. Abbots Langley was the sponsoring Lodge. The Founders were local business men, most of who were members of London Lodges.
The origin of the name of Tudor Lodge is briefly explained above. Other explanations are that the founders lived on the Tudor Estate in Watford and frequented the local Tudor Arms pub.
However, the link to Queen Elizabeth II can be explained further, despite the fact that the Tudor name is not part of the Windsor family name.
Queen Elizabeth II is the fourteenth Great Granddaughter of King Henry VII, the founder of the Tudor dynasty. The lineage is shown below:
Queen Elizabeth II is therefore a direct descendant of the Tudor line.
GENEALOGY OF TUDOR LODGE
All Lodges under the United Grand Lodge of England can trace their genealogy back to the earliest Lodges formed. Tudor Lodge is no exception and the lineage of the Lodge goes back to the Union Waterloo Lodge No. 13 which had it's Warrant issued on 6th March 1761.